
Gyökeres and Branthwaite again linked with Man United move
- FlashFootball 2024/11/06 03:03
- 0 0
Viktor Gyökeres scored three times in Sporting Lisbon's 4-1 win over Manchester City on Tuesday, which has led to rumours that Manchester United are interested in signing Everton centre-back Jarrad Branthwaite.
Viktor Gyökeres was on fire as Sporting Lisbon beat Manchester City 4-1 on Tuesday night.
There's a chance that Viktor Gyökeres could be a player of the future for Manchester United, as he has clear links with the fallen Premier League giants, according to the Manchester Evening News. The Sporting Lisbon forward has been doing really well under the soon-to-be United manager, Ruben Amorim. He further cemented his growing reputation with a brilliant hat-trick against City in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Gyökeres previously played for Brighton & Hove Albion and Coventry City before joining Portugal's Amorim. Manchester United sporting director Dan Ashworth knows Gjokeres well, having crossed paths with him when he was technical director at the Seagulls. Later on Tuesday, Sky Sports commentator Clinton Morrison added fuel to the fire, saying: "Manchester United will be willing to pay whatever it takes for him."
Viktor Gyökeres was Arsenal's main transfer target at first. Arteta has been keeping an eye on the Swedish striker for a while now. Arsenal might not mind paying 70 million euros for Gyökeres. But after Amorim coached Manchester United, it was only to be expected that it would have an impact on the 26-year-old striker's transfer intentions. Fans are also excited to see if the Portuguese young coach can bring this efficient striker to Old Trafford.
On top of that, Manchester United has another player in its sights. TalkSPORT says that Manchester United is planning to bring in Everton central defender Jarrad Branthwaite again in the summer transfer window.
The 22-year-old is said to be keen to play for a top Premier League club, but the Red Devils could face competition from Liverpool, who have already rejected two offers worth up to £50 million before this season.
This article mentions
Related News
Man United linked with Andre Onana replacement: another keeper from Serie A
11 hours ago
Former Man United starlet faces TWO YEARS in prison after pleading guilty to dangerous driving
1 day ago
Man United next five fixtures amid Europa League hope and Premier League struggles
1 day ago
Elanga scored and Forest beat Manchester United twice this season
1 day ago
Man Utd owners INEOS settle New Zealand Rugby dispute after alleged breach of contract
2 days ago
Amorim provides an update on Heaven's injury
2 days ago
Manchester United head coach Ruben Amorim has made his view on the players out on loan
2 days ago
Amorim coy on Rashford, Antony futures amid stellar loans
2 days ago
Ruben Amorim says Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes not leaving
2 days ago
Manchester United have reportedly set their asking price for winger Antony as they try to sell 10 squad players this summer
2 days ago
0comments
No comments available